Saturday, December 8, 2012

"SUV Express"


Hot Chocolate!
Tickets!











I saw this idea on Pinterest and I was so excited to do it with Tae. The night before we did this, we watched The Polar Express together (this is what this idea is based off of). While Aaron gave Tae her bath and got her ready for bed, I got all the supplies ready. I found these tickets online and printed them out. They say "minivan express", but they worked for our SUV! I then made hot chocolate for all three of us and of course, some homemade popcorn. I then cut the tickets apart and placed three of them in her bed. We got her all ready for bed like we do on any normal day. We even
read her bedtime books (in our room). Once it was time for her to get into bed, we walked into her room and she saw the tickets!

She was so excited when she saw the tickets even though she wasn't sure what it meant. She kept asking who put the tickets there! We told her they were tickets to the "SUV Express" and that we were going to take a surprise trip. We put on her robe and slippers and headed downstairs.
We gave her her hot chocolate and got ready to go. She was super excited and kept saying, "I'm so excited...I can't wait!" We piled into the car with our hot chocolate and popcorn and headed out.
We drove to Yukon and went through the lighted park. She had her window rolled down the whole time! We ate our popcorn, drank our hot chocolate, and marveled at all the beautiful lights. After seeing all the lights, we headed back home and she went right to bed. I think this will be a new tradition for our family!

1 comment: