Sunday, May 17, 2015

Fun days in May

 Look at this dirty baby! We have been spending so much time playing outside and they both get so filthy. May is going by so quickly, I can't believe it's halfway over. This weekend we spent Saturday helping my mom and dad install new flooring in my grandparents house. The kiddos had fun hanging out with their cousins for the day and getting dirty (of course) outside. 
 My oldest sister moved to Germany last week. This picture was taken a few days before they left. They invited us to come swim at their hotel. The girls had fun swimming and then eating lunch together. 
 We have been having LOTS of rain this month. I think they said we got between 10-12 inches in just 5 days. This is a picture I took right after a storm had passed. Oklahoma sure has some beautiful sunsets! The day before Mother's Day we went to the Ostrich Egg breakfast at our zoo. The girls had a blast with gramma and papa along for the fun. We then got to have a yummy pasta dinner with all of my sisters and their families. It was the last family night with my oldest sister.
 On Mother's Day Aaron let me sleep in while he took the girls downstairs for breakfast and to paint pictures for me. He also did all the laundry and cleaned the house! What a great husband I have! When I woke up, he made me breakfast and coffee and told me not to do a thing. I got this set of pans and they are so nice! I've had the same cookware for about 10 years and they were all in different stages of despair. My kitchen colors are red and green, so these match perfectly. 
 We met up with my mom and dad, and my little sister, and oldest sister for brunch. We missed my other sister, but they were just up from Tulsa the day before and decided to stay at home (we don't blame them). We had lots of yummy food and the cousins got to play some. Right after we ate, my sister and her family were leaving for Germany. It was definitely a bittersweet day. 
Our families. This will be the last picture we have together for awhile....
 These two. They don't always get along, but they are so cute together. 
 Since we have been having lots of days where we had to stay inside due to rain, I've been getting creative with things to keep them busy. This is some sand I had bought from Target several weeks ago. I put out spoons, cookie cutters, and cups and they had fun playing and making sand castles for about 2 hours.


 We also like to make forts in the living room and have random dance parties. These girls definitely keep life entertaining!
 We grew some cat grass for our kitties. This was a fun project and the grass grew this long in about 6 days!
 Tae, despite the rain, learned how to ride her bike without training wheels! We are so proud of her. She just kept getting back on and trying and trying. It only took her about two weeks to get it down. 
 This is our kitty Kona. He is the most laid back animal you will every meet. He doesn't mind the girls laying all over him and often even begs for it.
 This little stinker sitting on the back of the couch with her "soccer rocker" (thanks Mother Goose Club) and sissy's hula hoop. 
The sleeping buddies. Can't believe this little one is going to be two in just a few short weeks. Our baby is sure growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment