Friday, January 18, 2013

Bumpdate: 18 weeks!

Tried to upload a picture of my bump, but blogger is not being my friend today....

Weight Gain/Loss: -3 lbs

Baby Size: A Sweet Potato (5.6 in, 6.7 oz)



Can you believe she's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing? And she's twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too -- and she's big enough that you might be able to feel her doing it!


Symptoms: And the swelling begins....with my first pregnancy, I had pretty bad swelling in my legs, ankles, and feet mostly towards the end of my pregnancy. This week I have noticed that my ankles have been swollen at the end of the day. I'm trying to drink more water to try and combat this, hopefully it helps. I've been hungry more often this week!  

Movement: Occasionally fluttering!

 
Gender: Two weeks away from our ultrasound!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity wear is out in full swing. I will still wear some pre-pregnancy pants unbuttoned with the bella band. I've been wearing pretty much all maternity shirts because my shirts seems shorter and tight around my stomach.

Cravings: This week I have noticed more cravings! For one, I've been wanting Belgian waffles. I need to find someplace local that has awesome waffles! I've also been craving (and eating) tomatoes sliced up with mayo and salt and pepper. I know it may sound weird to some of you, but this is something we grew up eating in our family and it is so good! Another craving this week is yogurt parfaits. I've been eating them for breakfast....just yogurt, blueberries, and granola....yum!

Sleep: Sleep is harder this week. It has been really hard for me to sleep comfortably without being able to sleep on my stomach. I toss and turn most nights and this is leading to me being tired during the day.

Best Moment This Week: I'm going to cloth diaper and I was super excited to find a cute one at Target for 70% off this week. I plan on buying lots more when we find out the gender!

Taelyn: We got the body book from my sister and also a few more from the library. She has been wanting to read them every night. She asks lots of questions and just sits there and listens intently. It is so amazing to watch her learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment