Friday, January 11, 2013

Bumpdate: 17 weeks!

Weight Gain/Loss: -3 lbs

Baby Size: An Onion (5.1 in, 5.9 oz)


Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone. And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat. She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.


Symptoms: Round ligament pain is still bothersome. My midwife suggested taking calcium and magnesium supplements. Going to the bathroom a lot more than normal. I wake up 1-2 times a night now. I have an incredibly itchy tummy and always have to remember to put lotion on.

Movement: Occasionally fluttering!

Gender: We will find out in less than 3 weeks!

Maternity Clothes: I went and bought a few maternity tops yesterday. I don't really need tops, but they were cute. I couldn't find any pants that I liked : ( Might try and go this weekend.

Cravings: Anything really! I've noticed I have wanted salty things this week, which is weird because I don't normally like a lot of salt.

Sleep: Sleep has been alright (other than the bathroom trips)! I am having a hard time not sleeping on my stomach and can still manage if I hike my knee up towards my stomach so I am partly on my side. I do tend to toss and turn more.

Best Moment This Week: Had an excellent midwife appointment this week. Baby sounds healthy with heart beat at 156. Had blood drawn to check my thyroid again (I have hypothyroidism).

Taelyn: Well, it happened! I was downstairs on my Kindle and Taelyn was supposed to be sleeping. She came to the top of the stairs and asked "Mommy, how did the baby get in your tummy?" It was pretty late and I was surprised to say the least, so I replied by saying "Because that's just where it grows". She came back with "Yeah but, HOW did it get in your tummy?". Haha....one smart girl, huh? I told her we would talk about it later which she agreed too. My sister will be lending me a book, so I think we will have a little talk without going in to all the details : )

No comments:

Post a Comment