Saturday, July 26, 2014

Overnight Oats!

I go to work pretty early in the morning and I like to eat breakfast in my office. This means that anything that is easy to prepare (especially the night before) is a win. I love oatmeal! Not only is oatmeal healthy for you, but it also helps with lactation. I've never had supply issues, but since I like oatmeal so much, it can't hurt! It has been way hot here in Oklahoma lately and hot oatmeal just doesn't sound all that appealing to me. I've been making overnight oats for quite some time now and it is absolutely delicious. I have been using a recipe that called for 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, and 1/2 cup oats. To this I would add numerous combinations of things. Banana, peanut butter, and honey or Banana, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, or even dried cranberries, almonds, and maple syrup. Well, I've been buying regular yogurt lately because it has been what was on sale, so I searched for another recipe to accommodate this. This recipe is so delicious and tastes just like cinnamon raisin cookies!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon raisins
Few dashes of cinnamon
Little splash of vanilla
Squirt of honey (sorry didn't picture it)

Mix all ingredients in a mason jar or container and refrigerate overnight. Eat cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment