Friday, May 24, 2013

Bumpdate: 36 weeks!

Weight Gain/Loss: 17 lbs

Baby Size: A Honeydew (17.2-18.7 in, 4.2-5.8 lbs)


She's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own. Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid. Her liver and kidneys are in working order. Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.

Symptoms: Is uncomfortable a symptom? That's how I've been feeling lately....very uncomfortable. I've been having a lot of pelvic pain and pressure. It now hurts when I walk, try and get up, roll over, or sit in certain ways. Baby is still high, so breathing is still hard. I have swelling in my left foot and ankle about twice a week. My back has been aching and so have my hips.


Movement: She has slowed down her movements (she's running out of room in there!). There is still about 2 hours during the day that she is pretty active, other than that she is pretty still.

 Gender: A girl!

Maternity Clothes: Still doing good with what I have. I feel as though comfort is key these days!

Cravings: I've been craving really, really cold icy water. I will put water in the fridge until it gets slushy and then drink it. Oh my, it's so good!

Sleep: Sleep has been pretty hard lately. I have pretty bad pelvic pain when I try and turn over or get up to go to the bathroom. I've been getting up about 4 times a night.

Best Moment This Week: We had a midwife appointment this week. Baby is doing great! My blood pressure is really good and baby's heartbeat was at 136. I did the strep B test this week so we will find out if I have to have antibiotics during delivery or not (hopefully not, because I don't want an IV or IV fluids at all). I also feel a little more accomplished this week because I washed all of Hensley's clothes! I still need to wash all the diapers, but we are getting somewhere!

Taelyn: We took Tae to a sibling class this past weekend that was being offered at the hospital where I will be delivering. She had so much fun! She got to draw on a onesie for the baby, diaper, swaddle, and learn how to hold a baby, and also have a little birthday party. She did tell me we couldn't call it a class because it was fun, haha!
On a separate note:
 
Oklahoma was hit by several devastating tornadoes this week. So many lives were affected by this tradegy. If you are able, please donate to the Red Cross
 

1 comment:

  1. Getting so close! Oh, those pains won't last too much longer!

    ReplyDelete