Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bumpdate: 22 weeks!


Weight Gain/Loss: 4 lb

Baby Size: A Papaya (10.5-11.8 in, 12.7-20.8 oz)


Now that she's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn. She's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).

Symptoms: The other day, I think the baby was laying on a nerve, because all of a sudden I had shooting pains down the back of my leg. I was in tears and I could barely walk. I thought I might have to go to the emergency room, but I laid down with some ice for awhile and it eased up. Heartburn has been making itself known this week. The papaya enzymes seem to help a lot, especially if I take them right after I eat.

Movement: This little girl likes to move! I feel her after eating and usually if I sit still for any length of time.
 
Gender: A pretty little princess!

Maternity Clothes: I have a select few non maternity clothes that I can get away with wearing. Comfort is really important these days! This baby doesn't like anything pushing on her. I've been cramping if I wear something too tight around my tummy!

Cravings: I really can't think of anything that has sounded good this week. I craved so much fruit with Taelyn, but this time around I have to make sure I eat fruit every day! It's the same way with milk, I craved it with Taelyn, but I can't drink it by itself too often this time around. I know I 'm getting plenty of calcium with all the other dairy I consume.

Sleep: I still have been sleeping pretty good. I've been getting a few naps in during the week as well. My dreams have become very real and very wierd. My husband and I really like the show Breaking Bad and the other night, I had a dream that we were being chased by the cartel. We had to make a stop at a hispanic grocery store for tortillas and it took my husband 40 minutes to come back out. He said they had way too many tortilla options to choose from...haha!

Best Moment This Week: My husband is so sweet and caring that the other night he woke me up to ask if it was okay that I was sleeping on my back! I love all the little things he does that make me feel special : )

Taelyn: About every other day Taelyn will put her hand on my tummy and ask if she can feel the baby kick! I can't wait until she can...it's so exciting!

2 comments: