Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Adventures and Hensley is 21 months!

I totally spaced on Hensley turning 21 months this month! She will be 22 months in just a couple weeks. She is definitely turning into a toddler and she thinks she can do anything her sister can do. She is talking in complete sentences. Some of her favorite things to say are "No, I don't want to....", "That's so funny", and "It's my turn". She is still signing some. She signs "more", "all done", and "again" most frequently. She is now wearing mostly 3T clothes. She can fit into 2's still, but I think I will be buying all 3's come summertime. Her favorite foods are cheese and chocolate. Her favorite shows are Peppa Pig, Mother Goose Club, Daniel Tiger, and Signing Time. She loves to play outside in her water table, go to the zoo, swing at the park (and slide too), play with sissy, play some games on the Kindle, and read. She knows all her colors and is very particular in choosing her color diaper/plate/cup, etc. She is learning to count and sing the ABC's. Her favorite songs to sing are "Baa Baa Black Sheep", "Twinkle Twinkle", and "Hush Little Baby". I'm excited about planning her 2nd birthday party. I know it will be here before I know it!
 We have been trying to go to the zoo once a week since it's been getting warmer. I always bring a picnic lunch and we spend a couple hours walking around and seeing the animals. The girls play in their park for a little bit and then we come home for naps. I like keeping our weeks simple, but plentiful. We have plenty of outside time, crafts, walks around the neighborhood, library time, homeschool co-op, and all the other weekly needs.

 Hensley looks grumpy here, but she loves riding her sissy's bike!
 She is still taking a nap most days from 1-3pm. She goes to sleep for naps by nursing. At night she nurses, but then Aaron rocks her to sleep most nights.
 I got this HUGE wooden puzzle that came with erasable markers for only $4 on clearance at Target! I am in love with Target clearance and come away with some great finds!
 This past weekend we decided to take a short trip to check out our lake house. He stopped at Arbuckle Wilderness on the way down. Aaron hadn't been since he was a kid and I had never been! Tae was pretty scared and wouldn't roll her window down. Hensley sat on my lap the whole time and kept trying to feed them out of her hands. This girl has no fear. It's funny how different her and Tae are :)


 There were tons llamas and donkeys! I think that may have been the majority of the animals. There were also a few Emu's (those scared the heck out of me), a Clydesdale horse, buffalo, cows, ostrich, and some others.

 You had to hold onto the cups really tightly. We had a few animals yank ours away! They were filled with food pellets.
 Tae was perfectly happy sitting in the back and enjoying the animals from her closed window!


 Buffalo's have the longest, blackest tongues! This one left drool all over our car.

 When we left, we stopped for a quick picnic. 

 My handsome hubby. Can't believe we will be celebrating 10 years of marriage in June!
 Chocolate, her favorite!
 Our cute little lake house. Can't wait to spend weekends here when it warms up!
 The next day we went downtown and enjoyed the riverwalk and fed the ducks and geese bird food.
 I love the hairdo's these guys were rockin'!

 It was such a beautiful day! We let the girls play on the playground as well!


This is how adventurous this girl is! Her and Tae were jumping on our bed when she fell off and whacked it on our bed side table. She got the biggest goose egg I've ever seen!

This next month is busy, busy! We have Aaron's birthday, Easter, a garage sale, the JBF sale, a quick birthday trip for my nephew, my birthday, and much, much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment