Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter 2015

We had such a fun time celebrating Easter this year. The week before Easter Tae and I did a lesson focusing on the Christian reason for celebrating Easter and finished up the week with some good service projects for Good Friday. We made cards for our military members and bracelets for mission trips to Honduras. 
 Leading up to Easter we met up with Aaron's mom at a lake for a picnic lunch and Easter egg hunt. It was a beautiful day and we had a yummy lunch from Whole Foods. The girls also got spoiled with Easter baskets!
 The girls enjoyed looking for seashells on the beach. I thought they looked so sweet holding hands.
 Hensley knew exactly what to do and had fun searching for eggs. Tae left all the easy ones for Hensley to find. She is such a good big sister!



 The goodies!

 Daddy giving Hensley a piggy back ride while we walked around the lake looking for ducks!
 We dyed Easter eggs a few days before Easter. The girls had a lot of fun. I'm glad I decided to do it outside, because they made quite the mess with the dye.


 We don't do a lot of focus on the Easter bunny. We don't necessarily say that it is fake, but we don't really talk about it much at all. These are the things I put in their plastic Easter eggs for their hunt on Sunday morning. I got the stickers, stretchy bunnies, and erasers in the Target $ bins. I also added in some chocolate coins and organic jelly beans.
 Here is their Easter basket goodies. Again, most things came from the $ bins at Target. I added in some organic peanut butter cups, Annie's crackers, and sour beans for a special treat.


 The girls had fun digging through their baskets and of course, eating some candy. I love making these special memories with them. Holiday's were something that I always looked forward to growing up and I have such fond memories of them. I love that we are having these traditions with the girls and they will have all these fun memories to carry on with their own children!

 All dressed and ready to head to Gramma and Papa's for Easter dinner with the family. It was a bittersweet time as one of my sister's and her family are moving to Germany in a few weeks. We are soaking in the time we have with them!
I LOVE Target clearance!!! Check out this cute Easter wreath I got for $1.99! It was 90% off and the last one they had. I was so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment