Monday, May 26, 2014

Gearing up for Summer!









We have had a fun and bust start to summer. We celebrated my nephew, Jackson's 5th birthday recently at a bounce house. The kids had a blast in the inflatables...even little Hensley had a good time!







We have attended the annual Ostrich Egg breakfast at our local zoo for the past 10 years. I was sad that this year it was on the same day as the commencement ceremony at the university I work at so I was unable to go. Aaron took the girls and met up with my parents and my sister and her family. They had a great time eating breakfast and seeing all the animals. Hopefully next year I will be able to go with them!








We took a recent trip up to Stillwater to go to a children's museum. We found this cute little local coffee shop called Aspen Coffee Company. Aaron and I got the mocha's and Tae and Hensley shared a fruit smoothie. It was delicious! The children's museum we went to is called the Wondertorium. It was set up with a whole lot of different sections. They had a farm, country store, Dr.'s office, art and craft area, building area, baby room, among other fun things. Tae and Hensley had such a great time, it was definitely worth the hour drive! We then decided to get a late lunch at Eskimo Joe's. We didn't know at the time that the Special Olympics were in town and we ended up having to wait over an hour for a table. The girls were pretty patient, but we were all very hungry by the time we got our table!









I've been doing a lot of cooking and experimenting with new recipes. One of our new favorites is black bean, sweet potato, and corn enchiladas. I even made this for a recent family night we had and everybody loved it. Another of our favorites is stuffed peppers and I made a updated version that has Quinoa instead of the rice and is topped with roasted red pepper soup instead of tomato sauce. Yum!








This last week has included dog sitting for my sister, preparing for Hensley's 1st birthday party, and also preparing for a trip to our lake house. I'm so excited about Hensley's party. We are going with a vintage shabby chic theme and I've been hand making all of the decorations (with the help of my sister Leslie and her fancy cutting machine). I will be posting with all the details after her party!


No comments:

Post a Comment