Saturday, May 3, 2014

Catching up!

It has been a crazy few months! It seems like our days are so packed and the calendar is filled to the brim. Tae just had her last PE class before summer break and the university I work at is having their commencement ceremony next weekend. I think after these last few things wrap up, it will start to settle down.

Aaron had a birthday recently and we had a good time celebrating with family. My folks watched the girls and Aaron and I went to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. We celebrated my birthday next...a little bit early since it actually fell on Easter this year. We had a yummy dinner with family (minus a sister who was on a cruise with her family!). We got to go visit Aaron's grandpa in the hospital along with his aunt and uncle. The girls stayed with my sister and had fun with their cousins.

Easter weekend we spent doing some shopping, celebrating my uncle's 60th birthday, and preparing our Easter eggs. Here are some pictures of the fun times.










Easter day (my 30th birthday!), the girls woke up early and dove into their baskets and had a little Easter egg hunt. My mom made a huge feast and we spent the afternoon over there enjoying family and good food.


 
 

This year, I participated in our city's Great Cloth Diaper Change. It's a world record event to try and get the most cloth diapers changed at the same time. This year it was held at the Natural Parenting Expo. I also participated in the Babywearing fashion show with my sister. We had so much fun!


After Easter, I had to hurry and get my things together for the Just Between Friends sale that was coming up. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to get all the toys together to sell, but I did manage to get all the clothes together in time. I've been participating in our local JBF sale for about 6 years now. Besides a few things here and there, I buy all my kids clothes at this sale which is held twice a year. I try and stay around the $200-$300 mark, but that is super cheap figuring I buy mostly name brand, not to mention A LOT of clothes. Shopping is my absolute favorite part of course! I volunteered for an 8 hour shift so I could shop early at the pre-sale. I think this ensures you get the best pick of the stuff. I'm pretty picky when it comes to kids clothes. I don't like characters on clothes and for babies I can't stand the little things with teddy bears or cutesy things like that. I think it is way easier to shop for girls than it would be for boys! I ended up with a great haul that included a $5 pair of Nike's for Tae, a nice wooden toy for Hensley for $5, among other things.


I got this for $3 and it's a $40 Boutique brand with tags!
It seems like everything has been go, go, go. It also stinks when you and your husband work so much (opposite shifts at that) and you are focusing on school work, cleaning, keeping the kids entertained, cooking, and so on. We got a little behind on our school work this year, so *if* we take a summer break, it might only be for a few weeks. But (I hope), here in a few weeks, our lives will settle down a little bit. We do have some big things coming up. Mother's day, going down for a weekend with family to work on our lake property, Hensley's 1st birthday, Aaron and I's 9th wedding anniversary, among other things. I guess if our lives were dull, we would be really bored :) I'm glad I have such a great family and that we get to spend so much time enjoying life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment