Sunday, November 10, 2013

Taelyn's 5th Birthday Party


I love planning and putting together birthday parties! I don't like doing popular themed stuff, but as Tae has gotten older, that seems to be what interests her. This year she picked "Littlest Pet Shop" since this is one of her favorite toys. I thought I did a good job of not buying into to all the licensed party decorations, and instead made my own.









My sister helped me make the sign and banner using her fancy cutting machine. Tae also picked out animal print decorations and other items that matched the color choices.










We had goody bags for all the kiddos. We put stickers, organic candy, a wooden toy, and fruit leather in the bags.

My mom did an awesome job on Tae's birthday cake. She asked for an orange flavored cake with a lot of different colored frosting. The cake tasted just as good as it looked!









We had lots of yummy snacks at the party. From fruit and a veggie tray to bunny crackers and salted caramel popcorn. We even had local cheese curds that were delicious! I made these little signs for the food and had Tae's little pets all around.

Hensley was ready to party!











We had Littlest Pet Shop coloring pages out and the craft was to decorate your own pet carrier to take home. All the kiddos enjoyed this. We also played a game similar to musical chairs called Musical Lily Pads. I had three prizes, so we played three times. The kids seemed to have fun, even though some got a little upset when they didn't win. Tae actually won the first game and picked out a set of puppy erasers!


 Taelyn got tons of awesome birthday presents and we enjoyed spending time with our family and friends. I still can't believe my baby is going to be 5 in just a few days. Seems like only yesterday she was that little bitty baby that stole our hearts.




No comments:

Post a Comment