Monday, November 11, 2013

Hensley: 5 months!

Weight: My little chunky monkey is growing like a weed! I'm sure she has tipped over the 18lb mark and last we measured, she was 25 inches. She seems to grow and change a little every day.

Food: My little lady is such a good nursling. She does like to fidget and feel on things while she is nursing. Sometimes I have to hold her hand to keep her from scratching me! She gets one bottle while I am at work and she does well taking that too. The other day my mom was watching her and put a water glass up to her mouth because she kept grabbing for it. Tae scolded her and told her that Hensley can't have food yet, ha! Again, we are not starting Hensley on anything anytime soon.  You can learn more about skipping the cereal here and baby led weaning here.

Ha! Papa and Hensley...does she look like she is starving!?!
Clothes: She is still fitting in 6 month clothes, but we have rotated in some 9 months and other than long sleeves, they fit really well.

Sleep: Sleep has been a little off ever since the time change. She's been wanting to go to bed super early and then is up at odd hours and wakes up pretty early in the morning. She usually takes two naps during the day. They are anywhere between 30 minutes (yikes) and 2 hours (yah!). She's still in the bassinet and comes to our bed in the middle of the night. We need to start thinking about transitioning her to her crib soon, but we might hold off for another few months.

Movement: Sitting up is our newest addition in our movement category. She is a little wobbly, but does pretty good at steadying herself. She can scoot now too and can move pretty fast if she wants to. The other day she scooted about 3 feet to get to the Kindle :)

Product: I don't think we've gotten anything new this month. She really loves her jumper and has become very interested in toys, especially ones that make noise!

Highlight: Sitting up is a pretty big highlight this month. She also really loves little kids and will just giggle while she's watching them. It's so much fun seeing her become so interactive!

Taelyn: Oh my sweet Tae. Not only is she turning 5, but she is also becoming a great big sister. She is always so loving and kind to Hensley it just melts my heart. I often here her ask Hensley, "what's the matter my love" or "watcha doin' my love"....ah my heart just might explode!

Blessing: I think one of the biggest blessings this month is that Hensley has seemed to finally come to terms with being in her car seat. She doesn't cry nearly as much as she used to and for that I feel blessed. Another sweet blessing this month came when our whole family got a pretty yucky cold. Hensley ended up getting a stuffy nose and that was it! I'm so thankful that my breastmilk is helping her immune system!

No comments:

Post a Comment