Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hensley's Week 3

 
 

Weight: We unofficially weighed her today (Aaron weighing himself first and then holding her) and she's coming in at 10lbs! She is one chunky monkey : )

Food: Didn't do a bottle this week, but we are going to try tomorrow! Bottle feeding just seems like a hassle and something you have to plan for since I will have to pump when she is being bottle fed. She is nursing so well. I have a pretty forceful let down which tends to choke her quite a bit, but we are working on it!

Clothes: She is wearing 0-3 months....newborn is pretty snug!

Sleep: She is still sleeping with us. I keep saying I'm going to put her in the bassinet and then don't. Aaron would love for her to sleep in the bassinet, but I love having her close. She is nursing before bed at about midnight and then waking up at 5:30 to eat and then sleeping until 9 or 10.

Product we love: We tested out our tummy time pillow this week and she seemed to like it. She has really strong neck muscles and can lift her head and turn it side to side with no problems.

Highlight: The best part of this week is to finally feel like we have a schedule down. I am all about routine and I was feeling all out of sorts when we first came home. I know feel like we are back to our routine and I can manage to do things around the house and even cook dinner!



Taelyn: Whining is still an issue. She seems to be worse when my husband is home also. When he is at work, she is just fine and helpful and hardly gives me a fuss. I have no idea why she is worse when Aaron is home. I think sticking to our routine is helping and making sure we are giving her attention, but still staying on top of discipline too.

Blessing this Week: My sister made Hensley's birth announcements and they turned out so great! I should be getting them in a few weeks and I can't wait to mail them out! I feel that we are also blessed at what a good baby Hensley is. She hardly ever cries and she sleeps and eats so well. With Taelyn having colic for 3 months, I feel we missed out on so much of her babyhood. We are definitely able to take the time to enjoy Hensley!

No comments:

Post a Comment