Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hensley's Week 2


Weight: We had a pediatrician appointment when she was 1 week and 3 days and she weighed 8lbs 11oz which is up about 6oz from birth! She is becoming a little chunky monkey! I think since her appointment she has gained even more weight...she has rolls : )

Food: Nursing is still going great! We haven't introduced a bottle yet, but will probably try this week. I've only pumped twice and find it hard to have time to pump and feed her. I'm hoping it gets a little easier when she gets a little older.

Clothes: I can tell she is growing because her G diapers a getting smaller! I got a pair of newborn jammies the other day and they fit her really well, but the 0-3 are fitting a little better these days.

Sleep: We tried the bassinet out this week! She slept in there for about 3 hours and then I kept her in the bed with us, mostly because I fell asleep nursing her. She is waking up about 3 times during the night, which is good. She had two nights where she was up almost every hour wanting to eat. I think she was having a growth spurt! She has been having a lot more awake periods during the day now.


Product we love: I'm really liking our cloth wipe warmer and cloth wipes! With using cloth diapers, it just makes the most sense to use cloth wipes. You don't have to worry about throwing the wipes away, you just dump them in the hamper with the diapers. Hensley really loves the warm wipes too, she hardly cries during diaper changes anymore! I am also LOVING the Moby wrap. I've mostly worn it when we go out. I hate carrying her in her car seat, not to mention that it isn't that safe! The other day I was trying to cook dinner and get the house straightened and she wasn't liking sitting in her swing. I put her in the Moby wrap and within minutes she was sound asleep!

Highlight: The best part of the second week was spending so much time together as a family. My husband got to take two weeks off and we had a lot of fun getting to know little Hensley and just adjusting as a family of four. I was sad he had to go back to work this week, but now we are getting adjusted to the new normal : )

Taelyn: She is doing well this week. She seems to be extra whiny these days and some days it seems she can't talk to me without her whine voice. She also wants us to get a "big girl" version of whatever the baby has...the Boppy, the swing, etc. I made a little pallet for Hensley to lay on the other day and Tae had me do the same for her (jealous much!?!) I know she is having to adjust to sharing the attention since she has been an only child for the past 4 1/2 years and I know she is doing an excellent job. She is definitely a sweet big sister and I can tell she loves Hensley very much.

Blessing this Week: We are truly blessed all of our family and friends. This week we had visits from my sister Jennifer who brought us dinner, Aaron's aunt Sherry who brought Hensley some cute outfits and Tae a lot of toys, and my dear friend Janean, aka "Aunt Janean". We love having visitors and having everyone meet Hensley!

No comments:

Post a Comment