Friday, June 7, 2013

Bumpdate: 38 weeks!

The ugly side of pregnancy!
Weight Gain/Loss: 20 lbs

Baby Size: A Pumpkin (18.9-20.9 in, 6.2-9.2 lbs) *Gaining about 1/2 ounce per day!


She may have about an inch or so of hair already. She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.


Symptoms: Oh the swelling! As you can see from the picture above, my poor feet have been suffering. The swelling isn't anything serious, my midwife just said it comes with the territory. My blood pressure has been about 110/70, which is great. My hips have been pretty painful. Laying too much on one side, I end up with a lot of pressure. I've also started having shooting pain in my pelvis when I walk. This is probably from the baby dropping low.

Movement: She definitely doesn't move as much as she used to, there just isn't enough room in there. She still gives little jabs and slight movements though.

 Gender: A girl!

Maternity Clothes: I can't wait to be able to wear regular clothes again!

Cravings: No cravings really! Still drinking tons of water, icy cold too! I really haven't been all that hungry lately. Probably because there isn't much room in my stomach for food.

Sleep: I had some sciatic pain for two days and those two nights were really hard. I didn't get much sleep at all. Now that it is better, I have been sleeping better. Still getting up, but getting used to it by now.

Best Moment This Week: Had my midwife appointment this week and guess what? I'm measuring 41 weeks! The midwife couldn't believe it and measured me 3 times just to make sure. She also felt the baby and guesses she is about 9 lbs right now! I am a little sad to say that she is back in the posterior position. I am doing the "Miles Circuit" in hopes we can get this baby turned the right way. I can't believe that she could be here any day now. I can't wait to finally hold her in my arms!

Taelyn: She has really started loving giving my belly kisses. Every time I'm leaving she has to kiss my belly and then me. She also rubs it a lot and talks to Hensley. She is very anxious for her sister to arrive. She did tell me the other day that she was going to be the babysitter and that she would even do the wiping! I think I'm going to take her up on that ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment