Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hensley One Month!

One Week
One Month
I can't believe it has already been a month since my sweet little girl arrived. She has changed so much in her short month of life! She is definitely bigger, stronger, and is learning so much. She knows what she likes and what she doesn't like and will be sure to tell you also.
 
Weight: You can tell she is filling out! She has a few chins (which leads to the lovely "neck cheese"), rolls on her thighs, and rolls on her arms.


Food: We did a bottle with pumped breastmilk for the first time this week. She struggled a little bit, but ended up sucking on it and getting about 1 oz before she said she was done. Tae was pretty happy to help hold the bottle!

Clothes: Still 0-3 month clothes...some 3 months fit her well. Her G diapers are getting snug, so we will need to start her on the pocket diapers soon!

Sleep: She does not sleep as well in her bassinet as she does in our bed! We tried again the other night and instead of waking up for her normal 5:30am feeding, she woke up at 3:30am instead. I ended up leaving her in our bed after that. She is still sleeping really well. She is having longer awake periods during the day. You can also tell when she is sleepy because she starts getting cranky.

Product we love: I am so happy to have a baby who loves to be worn! Tae was really colicky and didn't like it much, but Hensley LOVES it! I have a ring sling that I had made when Tae was born and a Moby wrap my sister in law gave me. This past week our local cloth diaper store was having a big sale on Ergo carriers so we went to check it out. I have had my eye on the Boba carrier for awhile now and when we got there I tried out both and decided to go with the Boba instead. With the Ergo I would have needed the infant insert and it was already pretty toasty wearing it. The Boba is very lightweight and super easy to get on and off. We use it all the time and it is so much more convenient than carrying around the car seat all the time.

Highlight: Hensley has had two big achievements this month! She rolled over for the first time (I think it was by accident)! I had her on her back without a diaper and she rolled onto her side and then flopped onto her tummy! I was in shock, but she hasn't done it since then. She has also started smiling and cooing and it is the sweetest thing ever. Her smile almost brings tears to my eyes!

This week was a lot of fun as we celebrated the 4th of July by having a cook out with my parents and seeing fireworks. They didn't seem to bother Hensley at all and she slept almost the whole time! The picture below was taken on the 4th and is actually the first time Tae has actually held Hensley! I think she did really well (even though she looks to have her in a choke hold!)

Taelyn: Tae is SO much better this week. I think we are finally adjusting to this new family member! She has been a lot less whiny and has been really helpful and sweet.

Blessing This Week: I feel so blessed to have this sweet little family. I feel like our family is complete with the addition of Hensley. I love my two little girls and couldn't be any happier!

1 comment: