Thursday, March 24, 2016

Catching up...

I can't believe I haven't updated since Christmas! Things have been mega busy and my blog got pushed to the side burner. I'll try to catch up the last few months!

 Tae's pediatrician said they thought she might need glasses, so we made her an eye doctor appointment and sure enough, she is near sighted just like her momma. Aaron, Tae and I all got new glasses and I think she just looks so adorable in them. She was told she didn't have to wear them all the time yet, but she does wear them frequently.
 My sister-in-law had a new baby and we went and visited. She is pretty adorable and both girls enjoyed holding her.


 My nephew Mavy is over in Germany and he sent the girls some of his favorite German treats for Valentine's day. We've been enjoying tasting the treats!
 We love spring and have been enjoying many outings to the zoo and parks. 
 Hensley is my brave girl and isn't scared of much. She loved feeding the birds!
 I made a yummy chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for Valentine's day. It was quite yummy!
 Here are the girls Valentine treats. All the cousins stayed the night at my parent's, so Aaron and I had a nice Valentine's date and the girls had fun with their cousins.
 Every day in February I hung a heart on Tae's door with something I loved about her. She really enjoyed reading the hearts!
 I've been coming up with things to keep Hensley busy during Tae's school time. She really loved doing this activity!
 I told you on my last post that we decided to buy a house! We had been actively house hunting and looked at 7 or 8 houses before we decided on THE ONE, It's a cute house in a quiet neighborhood about 3 minutes from Aaron's work. It even has a POOL! The girls are most excited about that part :) We close in 2 weeks and will be taking the whole month to do some painting and updating and then we will move the end of April. We are so excited and a little nervous about this huge step! It will be nice to own our own home and be closer to Aaron's work. We've been busy packing and purging. It's been an emotional ride, that's for sure. I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave a place you've lived for the last 8 years. I know this is the path God has chosen for us and we are so excited to start our new lives in our new house!
 Hensley loves helping me make breakfast on the weekends and has become quite the expert at making pancakes.
 Once of our trips to the lake to feed the birds.
 We also love being so close to the Myriad Gardens and spend a lot of time down there.
 Tae participated in the annual Egg Drop at her homeschool coop. She was successful for the second year in a row. Even though we are moving farther away from her coop, we are still going to be attending. She would be so sad to leave her friends!
We've been gearing up for the very last Easter in this house. Next year we will have a HUGE yard to hunt eggs in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment