Thursday, March 24, 2016

All about the FOOD!

I love to cook! I love it even more so since I stay at home. I feel like I have all day to get things ready and decide what to make. I thought I'd share a few of our favorites from the last few months.
 When I make meatballs, I make a huge batch and freeze half. They make for an easy meal. They are also easy to make. I just take ground beef, homemade bread crumbs, a little bit of milk, an egg or two, garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, a little bit of ketchup or tomato sauce, a dash or worchestershire sauce, and S&P. On the meal above I baked the meatballs and served them with Simply Organic brand brown gravy. We also had smashed sweet potatoes and roasted okra and carrots.
 These orange cinnamon rolls from Sally's Baking Addiction were so very good! We enjoyed having the for Sunday breakfast.
 We eat a lot of sweet potatoes around here! I love that you can get organic local sweet potatoes for super cheap! One way we love them is stuffed. Above is Italian stuffed with chicken, mozzarella, spinach, and Italian seasoning. The ones below are BBQ stuffed with chicken, BBQ sauce, cheddar, and green onions. Oh my gosh, they are so good!

 I made these black bean brownies and they ended up tasty like the best fudge brownies ever. All you need is 1 1/1 cups canned black beans (drained and rinsed), 2 T cocoa powder, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey), 2 T sugar, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2/3 cup chocolate chips. Blend everything but the chocolate chips in a blender until smooth. Mix in all but a few T of the chips and pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining chips and bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes. They are delicious and don't taste like beans at all :)
 Pizza is another favorite around here! I always double my dough recipe and make breadsticks to go along with it.
 Here's another meatball dish. This time I made an Ikea hack swedish meatball gravy and they were delish!
 Nothing like good old onion sliders and grilled asparagus, yum!
 Corn chowder with homemade kale chips!
 Fried rice is another super easy meal. I just use leftover grilled pork and frozen mixed veggies. Easy peasy!
I'm sure most people know of Taco Bell's Mexican pizzas. We don't eat them anymore, but we remake them and they are even better! Homemade black bean refried beans between two fried tortillas. Topped with enchilada sauce and cheese and then green onions and tomatoes. So good and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment