Sunday, October 18, 2015

Fall family happenings!

 This sweet mess is 28 months! She is learning so much and changing every day. She can count to 10 in English and Spanish, and she knows all her colors and her shapes. She loves to play ponies and animal doctor with her big sister and she loves to snack. Tae has her homeschool coop for two hours on Friday's and Hensley and I spend the time playing with her school backpack and eating snacks. Tae is loving her classes and has a blast with all her friends.
 I got these maps at the dollar store for 50 cents each! Tae is enjoying school and is really excelling in all subjects. She really loves math and science. She is doing really well at reading and I think she will be reading without a problem before the end of the year. We've been using "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" and it has been helping a ton.
 About a week ago, Hensley woke up, took off her diaper and decided she was ready to use the potty. She goes 100% of the time if she is naked. We are still learning to not go in panties, so we still wear diapers when we leave the house. I'm so proud of my big girl!
 We had family night last weekend. My parents had been away in Italy, so we hadn't seen them in a month! We had chili, cornbread, and salad. I made these chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches and they were fantastic!
 The girls love to feed the ducks and the geese. We like to feed them lettuce, bird seed, peas, and other healthy things. 
With fall comes lots of yummy fall dishes. I made this butternut squash and spinach lasagna rolls the other night and they were a big hit! I love making chili, soups, casseroles, and all the other yummy fall/winter foods and desserts. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment