Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hensley's Twinkle Twinkle 2nd Birthday Party

 I love planning parties! They are a lot of work, but they are very rewarding and fun to do. About 6 months before Hensley's birthday, I started scouring Pinterest for ideas and happened upon a "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" theme. That is one of Hensley's favorite songs, so I thought it would be fitting to go with this idea.
 These are the invites my sister, Leslie, came up with. I decided to go with pink, teal, and gold for the colors. I also wanted to add in a lot of sparkles. I thought the invites turned out super cute. I taped them to recycled note cards so that they could be stood up.
 I made this sign with the help of my sister and her fancy cutting machine. The gold letters and the gold sparkle two were actually bought in the $1 bins at Target. I attached the cutouts, letters, and number to a piece of glitter cardstock with glue dots. So easy!
 I bought a bunch of these cute pails in the $1 bins from Target. I used one for the silverware and the rest for the kids' favors. I bought the gold glitter favor boxes from Hobby Lobby and used them for the adult favors and the napkins. I bought the plates, napkins, glitter silverware, cups, paper star straws, and balloons (pink, teal, and clear with gold stars) from Amazon for about $30.
 My sister and I cut out a bunch of sparkle stars to use as decoration. I bought these little chalkboard easels in the $1 bins along with the star clips! I wrote on them with gold sharpie. The gold H pictured below I got at Micheal's. It was actually a white fabric and I sprayed it with gold fabric paint.
 Since the party was at 11am, I decided to serve a light lunch. I bought everything at Natural Grocers and it was only about $100! I served a fruit tray (watermelon, grapes, strawberries, and cantaloupe) veggie tray (mini bells, celery, carrots, tomatoes, and broccoli) with a vegan ranch dip, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into stars.
I also served homemade chicken salad, hummus, spinach artichoke dip, an assortment of crackers, pretzels, tortilla chips, and two kinds of grass fed cheese.
 For the drinks I mixed two containers of Santa Cruz organic strawberry lemonade with two bottles of sparkling water. This makes a nice refreshing punch.
 These are the kid favors. They included mini "grow your own" flower pots, a wind up butterfly, bubbles, Annie's organic gummies, a YumEarth organic sucker, and YumEarth organic hard candies
 It's always fun when adults get favors too! These included fruit strips, chocolate honey patties, dark chocolate, and YumEarth organic candies. All these things were also bought at Natural Grocers.
 These favor tags were also cut out with my sisters machine. I attached them with these mini clothespins I got in the $1 bins at Target!

 My mom made chocolate and strawberry cupcakes with frosting to match the theme. I took two of the cutout stars and used double sided tape to stick them to toothpicks for the toppers.
I laid out the extra star cutouts around the table and buffet and also hung up some star garland and a pink and gold banner, both bought at Micheal's.
Here's my party girls! Tae picked out her tutu and she had this star tank that worked perfectly. I had bought this Old Navy "two" shirt for Hensley at the consignment sale and added iron on gold stars that I bought from Hobby Lobby. 
 Hensley had the most fun with the balloons. I think she was in heaven with 30 balloons around for her to play with.
 Her cousin, Bella, insisted she open her present right away. She spent a long time drawing this card. Hensley has an obsession with minions and I thought it was so sweet for Bella to remember this and spend her own money buying her a little stuffed minion and making her a card.

 Birthday Girl!
The cousins were all happy to sit together and eat lunch. Hensley got to move to the big kid table since Mavy has moved away. 
She really enjoyed opening her presents and took time with each one. She got a lot of neat books, a puzzle, a gardening set, some money, a pram, and a new easel.
 My sister and her family sent Hensley this pram all the way from Germany!
Hensley testing out her new easel from Gramma and Papa.
 After presents, it was time for cake! Hensley had been waiting to blow out her candles for some weeks now. She did very good and waited until every sang her happy birthday.

 Yum! She really did enjoy her cupcake!
All in all, it was a great party. I'm thankful for those that took the time to come and celebrate this sweet baby. I can't believe she is turning two!

No comments:

Post a Comment