Monday, June 22, 2015

10 year Anniversary

My hubby and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. I just cannot believe it has already been 10 years! I can honestly say that I married my best friend. He is everything I ever wanted in a husband and even more than I even knew that I wanted. He is a great father to the girls and he always makes me feel like a princess. I made this video below to summarize our 12 years together. I surprised Aaron with it and he loved it. The song is one that Aaron has always loved and says reminds him of us :)


Aaron took off Thursday and Friday for our anniversary. On our anniversary (Thursday), we drove out to Okarche and ate lunch at Eischen's. It's a fried chicken bar that is super old. They are very simple. No plates, minimal drink selection, and everything is served family style. Their fried chicken is very good! You also get white bread, pickles, onions, and we ordered fried okra. Definitely not the most healthy meal, but since we hadn't been in about 6 years, I think it was okay to splurge. We spent the rest of Thursday and Friday running errands and doing things around the house.

 We wanted to do something fancy since we had, in fact, been married for a decade. Hensley is still nursing so a long getaway would not have worked this year. We decided to stay the night in a hotel downtown and the girls stayed the night with my parents. Here is a picture of them with their backpacks. They were excited to see Gramma and Papa.
After we dropped them off, we headed to our hotel to check in. We decided to stay at the Skirvin. Aaron wanted to stay in a historic hotel and the Skirvin is supposed to be one of the nicest. We booked one of the rotunda suites and it was so, so nice!
 As soon as we checked in, they brought up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The strawberries were delicious!
 This was the living room. The bed was in a separate room and I totally forgot to get a picture of it. The room was so big! 
Here was the bathroom. They had fancy soaps and lotions and the shower was huge and had great water pressure. The room also came with a coffee pot and bottled water which was a nice touch.
We took a tour around the hotel and looked at all the old details and pictures on the wall. Aaron was fascinated that the elevator showed there was no 13th floor, That makes sense because some people think the hotel is haunted :)
After we checked in a looked around, we changed and headed over to Red Prime Steakhouse for dinner. It was about a block from the hotel and is in a building that was built in 1911. We both got the iceberg bowl for a starter. It was very good with lots of blue cheese and fried onions. We then each got a filet with different crusts and sauces. I got the garlic crust with truffle butter and Aaron got the blue cheese crust with their red sauce. I got seared green beans and Aaron got their green chile macaroni and cheese. We also shared the loaded mashed potatoes. They brought out hot rolls with butter and they were delish as well. For dessert we got the house made sherbet. The flavors were blood orange, raspberry, and lime. It was the perfect ending to a delicious dinner. After dinner we walked to Bricktown and got some iced coffee at Starbucks. It was about a mile walk or so and we got to enjoy the canal and the scenery. After our coffee, we went to the movies and saw Jurassic World. It was a great movie! After the movie we made the walk back to the hotel for the evening.
 The next morning we got to sleep in, so that was nice. We then got ready and headed about two blocks to Kitchen 324. It's a great local restaurant that focuses on locally sourced food. They were a tad bit busy since it was Father's Day, but we enjoyed the adult conversation while we waited.
 I got the Fried green tomato benedict. It came with their scratch potatoes and was so good.
Aaron got the special which was chicken and waffles with a green chile gravy. It was very good as well.

After brunch, we made another trip to Starbuck's for coffee and then headed over to my parent's house. My mom had invited us over for steaks for Father's Day and it was very yummy and nice to spend time with my dad. 

We had a great weekend and I can't wait to spend the next 10 years with my better half :)

No comments:

Post a Comment