Friday, October 3, 2014

Weekly Menu with Recipes

I'm cutting the grocery list. Since I'm only writing what I need, I don't think it's very helpful. I would just go through the recipes and your pantry/fridge and make a list of needed items.

Roast chicken with vegetables and roasted okra
Ground beef tacos with Mexican corn
Margherita Pizza, salad
Baked Salmon, roasted root vegetables
Baked potato soup, salad
BBQ pork on sweet potatoes, veggies
Free day (eating out)

For the roast chicken I use this recipe. I have done it this way several times and it is so delicious. For the roasted okra, I just cut the tops of and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes on 425.

Ground beef tacos are yum! Brown a few sliced bell peppers and half an onion in a pan with some olive oil. Remove and brown 1/2 lb of hamburger. Once cooked add in a clove of garlic, diced, chili powder, salt and pepper and the pepper/onion mixture. Saute a little bit longer and serve in whole wheat tortillas with some cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. For Mexican corn, saute a diced bell pepper with some green onions. Take the corn off 4 cobs and saute with the pepper/onion mixture. Add some salt and pepper and you are good to go.

Pizza is easy peasy. Make the whole wheat pizza crust featured in my past posts. Top with sauce, basil, sliced mozzarella and bake.

I use this salmon recipe here, but I roast in the oven instead of grilling. The roasted root vegetables are a frozen organic mix I found ad Sprout's.

Baked potato soup is great for chilly weather. Use this recipe here and you wont be disappointed!

I've done the BBQ pork on sweet potatoes before....one of our favorites!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment