Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hensley at 15 months!

Oh this sweet silly child! I just can't believe that she is almost a year and a half old. Time is just moving too quickly. She is growing and changing every week it seems. Learning so much and doing new things.

We haven't been to the Dr. in a good while, so I'm not sure on her weight or length. I would guess she is in the mid 20's on weight. She is wearing 24 months to 2T. This past month she has cut 4 molars and that has been tough for us.
This child has no fear whatsoever. She loves to climb on things and get into anything. She has mastered the coffee table and I will catch her standing on it several times a day. She also loves to find anything small and put it in her mouth. We have to watch this girl like a hawk! The other day I caught her trying to put a paperclip into a power strip! I about had a heart attack!
This picture above cracks me up! I've been double stuffing her diapers to get more absorbency and it makes her booty so big and makes her waddle even bigger, haha!
Some of her favorite things to do is to watch music videos on YouTube. Some of her favorites are Skillet, Nine Lashes, Finding Iris, and the song Happy by Pharrell Williams. She also loves to eat! Man, this girl can eat. She easily out-eats Taelyn on a daily basis. Her favorite things are cheese and fruit, but she will honestly eat anything. I have still not found anything that she doesn't like, it's amazing!
She also loves being outside, playing in the rain, drawing with chalk, looking for airplanes or birds, reading books, and of course, playing with sishy (aka sissy).
I love this picture of her sitting at Tae's desk. She's playing the "woof woof" game on the kindle. She has learned quite a few signs and the ones she does most often are "more, eat, all done, please, and thank you". She can also say these words, but signing them gives them more emphasis! She is talking up a storm and can pretty much say anything you ask her to say.
Her sleep schedule is pretty regular. She wakes up between 9-9:30 in the morning, takes a nap from 1-3 in the afternoon and then is asleep for good most nights about 9 pm. She is still bed sharing with us, but we are about to get some new (bigger) bedroom furniture, so I think we will be putting up a toddler bed in Tae's room and trying that out. We also night weaned her about a month ago using Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning method so she no longer nurses at night anymore either! I think she will like being in the same room as her "sishy".
She still likes to be worn. This one above was on a day I had so much to do and she was suffering from teething and a cold. I wrapped her up and let her watch music videos on my phone, haha! I got a lot of laundry done and the kitchen cleaned this way. I also wear her while we are out shopping, either in the Tula or the ring sling. Sometimes she gets a little frustrated and says "off, off!", but most of the time she loves it.
Look at these sweet sisters! I love the bond that has been forming over the past year and a half. The first thing Hensley asks for when she wakes up is her "sishy". She's constantly bringing her her drink and toys and they love to play together. There is some sibling rivalry of course, but for the most part it is sweet love.

No comments:

Post a Comment