Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hensley: 10 months!

Weight: At her last Dr.'s visit, she was a little over 21lbs (89%) and 28in (49%). She is still a little short and a little chunky :)

Food: Hensley loves to eat. She has liked everything she has had so far. She still nurses about every 4 hours and a few times at night. She eats breakfast which usually consists of fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, or eggs. For lunch she will get some fruit and veggies. For dinner she just eats what we are eating. She has learned to say the word "more" even though we have tried to get her to sign it. I think it is one of her favorite words! She also now has 4 teeth. She has the two front on top and the two front on bottom. I love her toothy grin!

Clothes: 12 month clothes are getting snug. Our local Just Between Friends consignment sale is in the next couple weeks and I'm so excited to get summer clothes. I think I will be buying mainly 18 month clothes. I love this little onesie I had made by a local mommy here in OK. It says "I eat local".
 

Sleep: I think when you have kids, sleep seems to be the main source of problems. Taelyn was a colicky baby and her first 3 or 4 months we didn't get much sleep. Hensley was a great sleeper from the beginning and I think we got spoiled. She is still sleeping with us. We did side car her crib to our bed, so she is at least in her own bed for the most part. For the past few days she has been waking up multiple times through out the night and Aaron or I have had to rock her back to sleep. Last night she woke up about 4 times between 2:30 and 5am. Ugh! I guess it could be teething or maybe she was gassy. I'm just ready to get back to some good sleeping!
Movement: She has gotten to be a pretty speedy crawler! She crawls and climbs all over. She is standing on her own and can even stand from a sitting or squatting position. She has recently learned to climb our stairs and we've had to start using the baby gate because she will just go up the stairs in no time. I'm beginning to wonder is she will be walking before her first birthday. Tae was walking by 9 months, so Hensley is definitely slower. She doesn't seem like she is too interested in walking right now because she is so good at crawling.
 
Product: One of our most used items is my wrap and carriers. My sister won a full wrap conversion Tula off a raffle for me and I'm in love. The Tula is so comfortable and light weight. Hensley loves to be worn and I can get a full grocery shopping trip done with her in it. It makes things so much easier to have two hands available not to mention keeping her from putting things in her mouth or touching all the germy things.
 

Highlight: Hensley is talking up a storm. Her favorite word is "more", but she also says "mama", "dada", "kitty", "meow", "no", "sissy" and maybe a few others. She has gotten such a cute little personality. She is very much a mama's girl, but she loves her daddy and gives him snuggles and kisses. Taelyn cracks her up and they love to play together, but she definitely has a little temper and will hit or pull Tae's hair if she becomes too much!
Taelyn: Oh, sweet Taelyn. She has adjusted so well with having a sister. She has been really great at sharing and entertaining her sister. She has learned to distract Hensley with something if she is trying to play with something she doesn't want Hensley to have. She does seem to tell Hensley no a lot and even says "Hensley Elyse!" anytime she is doing something she shouldn't be doing.
Blessing: This girl is just so unique and sweet. She is a silly baby that loves to dance, sing, and cuddle. Some days are more hectic than others, but every day is a blessing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment