Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hensley: 6 months!

Weight: I think we have to be close to 20lbs by now! It's hard to get an accurate weight on her because we just have a regular scale. She is still a short little muffin though.

Food: Obviously she is having no problems growing on mommy's milk! She seems to be acquiring the food readiness cues. She is able to sit unassisted and she has a killer pincer grasp. I think she may be losing her tongue thrust reflex and she is becoming a little more interested in what we are eating/drinking. I'm not ready to rush it though. I want to make sure that her tummy is good and developed and capable of handling table foods. Maybe in a month or so we will put a few dices of avocado in front of her to see what she does, but right now she is growing just fine without anything other than breast milk!

Clothes: 6 month clothes are getting a little tight! 9 months fit her pretty good and she is fitting into some 12 month clothes (gah!). I just can't believe how big she is. Tae always wore exactly what her age was. She was in 12 month clothes AT 12 months. Hensley's closet consists of 6, 9, 12, and even 18 month clothes and she is only 6 months old!

 Sleep: We have been having a few hiccups in our sleeping since last month. Her naps are pretty much the same. Usually 2-3 naps during the day. Two short naps (about an hour long) and then a longer nap in the evening (maybe 2 hours). At night she has been going to sleep easily as she always has, but she has only been sleeping in her bassinet for about an hour before waking up. I then nurse her back to sleep and she stays in the bed with us. I *think* she nurses 2-3 times during the night. I say *think* because we dream feed and I never fully awake. I'm not too upset about it since I'm still getting just as much sleep, but I don't want her to become accustomed to our bed. We just moved the crib into our room and moved out the bassinet. We will see how well she sleeps now that she has a little more room!

 
Movement: She is sitting up so well! She hasn't toppled over hardly at all. Sometimes she will kind of do this leaning thing until she rolls onto her side, but I think she does this when she is tired of sitting up. She doesn't seem to have any interest in crawling. She can roll anywhere she wants to go and most of the time she is just content sitting in one place as long as she has some toys around her.

Product: Hensley has been taking a bottle in the morning while I'm at work for about 3 months now. Tae never took a bottle and she fought us when we tried. Hensley seems to enjoy her bottle with her daddy and even tends to fall asleep during her feeding. We only have one kind of bottle, we actually only have 2 of them since she doesn't get a whole lot of bottle feedings. You can find them here. They are glass bottles that are natural flow. I really like them and Hensley does too!

Highlight: She is learning all sorts of different noises. She has learned to complain, whine, giggle, and babble. She sounds like she says "mama" a lot, but I'm sure it's just baby talk. We have taught her to sign milk (or what we call "milky"). She does it randomly and does it a lot when she sees me, haha. I guess that's why she loves me so much, I am the milk!

Taelyn: Tae is continuing to do great with being a big sister. She is learning patience and even tolerates when Hensley grabs a big chunk of her hair. She likes to "watch over" Hensley while I'm going to the bathroom or loading the dishes. She loves to be my helper and get me the things that I need.

Blessing: These two girls bring so much joy to my life and to everyone else's. I worried so much about how far apart they were and even just having another child to begin with. I don't know why I wasted so much time worrying over nothing. God has definitely shown me to have faith in His plan. I am so happy to have Taelyn and Hensley in my life, they make me complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment