Saturday, September 21, 2013

My favorite baby neccesities!

If you're anything like me, you like to see what other people like and what they use for their family. I've gathered a list of some of my favorite baby essentials and decided to list them here for your reading pleasure! None of these companies have paid me or given me anything to promote their products (that would be nice though), I just love this stuff enough to tell everyone about it.

Diaper Duty

A good diaper pail is a necessity if you are cloth diapering. This one was gifted to me by my sister. I also recommend having at least two pail liners that way you always have one in the pail when doing wash.

I love this cloth wipe warmer. You buy these little pillows that go in the bottom and they keep the wipes moist and warm. I just get my wipes wet, roll them up, and lay them in the warmer.

Some good storage for all your diapers. Eventually I would like something a little larger as all my diapers don't fit well in this. I got this at Target and we keep pockets in the top drawer, covers in the middle, and our prefolds in the bottom drawer.

When you cloth diaper, you can't use typical diaper cream because it contains zinc and this can make your diapers not absorb. I've tried several different types of cloth diaper cream and this is the one I love.

I love these little spritz bottles. I have three of them. One for upstairs, downstairs, and in the diaper bag. I put my cloth wipe solution in them to use when we change diapers. Just spray on the booty and wipe!
 

Tee Tree Oil is an essential oil that has a cleansing property. I put a drop in my cloth wipe solution and I also put a few drops in my pail liner. Not only does it help with the stink, but it gets bacteria out of the diapers in the wash.

It is an absolute must to have several wet bags. I really love this one by Kissa. It's a antibacterial one and just the right size to throw in the diaper bag. We have three wet bags that way we always have at least one available.

It's important not to wash your cloth in just a typical wash soap. We have used this brand for awhile. I'm interest in trying some others, but this one is great.
 
Feeding Needs
 
We never had the luxury of giving Tae a bottle because she hated them. Luckily, Hensley is great at the bottle and she has one bottle when I am at work. We love glass bottles in general, but these ones are our favorite!

Of course, if you are going to be offering a bottle, you need a good breast pump. I really like this one. It is really easy to use and it gets a good suction.

These are a definite need if you are breastfeeding. It seems like you are always leaking from one side or from both. I think I leak more with Hensley than I did with Tae. I also have some reusable pads, but those are a little more bulky and I feel like you can see them through my shirt!
 
 
Bath Time
 
 
This stuff is amazing. For one it's organic and two, it smells so good. I put some in the bath at night and it is just part of our routine.
 
I love Burt's Bees stuff. Not just for myself, but for baby too. Their products don't have all the yucky ingredients some of those other baby products have. I try to keep my family as chemical free as possible!

Now I could write a blog just on Dr. Bronner's soap alone. I love this stuff. You can clean with it, wash with it, among so many other things. Hensley seems to be a yeasty baby, so occasionally I will use this on her, especially in her neck rolls!

Coconut oil could also go in the diaper category because it makes a great rash cream, but it can also be used on the scalp to help with cradle cap or just on dry skin in general.
 
 
Random Goodies
 
A good baby monitor is important, especially if baby regularly sleeps in another room or on another level of the house. I really like this one by Angel Care. It has a movement sensor along with the normal sound monitor.

I was so happy when we learned that Hensley loves to suck on a pacifier. Tae never did and she never really learned to self soothe. I originally bought Wubbanub's because I thought they were super cute, but they turned out to be Hensley's favorite. She loves to cuddle the little stuffed animal and it is adorable!

Diaper bags are definitely a must in any situation. I wanted something that was fashionable yet functional. I absolutely love Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags. They have great prints and they are well made. They also are chalk full of pockets and great accessories.
 
A good carrier is a staple in our family. I have this ring sling made by a local mama, but I also have a Boba carrier that I usually use outside the house. A carrier allows me to have two hands and I can almost do anything while wearing a baby.




1 comment:

  1. Fun stuff for fun times. I love that squooshie baby of yours!

    ReplyDelete