Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hensley: Two Months!

 Can you believe this sweet little lady is already two months old? Time has gone by WAY too fast. Hensley is definitely developing a personality. She is such a calm natured baby and hardly ever cries. She is learning what she likes (baths) and what she doesn't like (being put down). It has only been two months, but it seems like she has been in our family the whole time.

Weight: This girl is a chunky one! I was looking at one of her newborn pictures the other day and I was shocked at how skinny her legs and arms were! She now has some nice rolls on her thighs, chin, arms (wrists!), and belly! We unofficially weighed her the other day and she is about 13lbs! I think she looks even chunkier because she is so short : )

Food: Mommas milk is the only way to go! She is such a good little nurser. We have never had a problem and she has only ever had breastmilk. She has finally gotten used to my forceful letdown and never chokes anymore! She nurses about every 3-4 hours during the day and at night sometimes it stretches to 5-6 hours!

Clothes: We have said goodbye to all of our newborn clothes and are going to be doing the same to the 0-3 clothes very soon. The 3 month clothes seem to fit her the best and she also fits well in 3-6 month close. I think the cloth diaper has a lot to do with the fit of her clothes since they are so bulky!

Sleep: I don't like talking too much about her sleep because I don't want to brag : ) Hensley has always been a great sleeper. I was afraid that it was just a "newborn" thing, but so far, nothing has changed. She takes about 3 naps during the day. They usually last about 2-3 hours. We put her to bed about midnight and she sleeps until about 4-5am. She then nurses and sleeps until about 9-10am. She is still sharing our bed. I don't want to rush putting her in the bassinet because I absolutely love this time. We will probably switch her to the bassinet at about 3 months. We did this with Tae and it worked so well.

Product we love: I am so thankful to finally have a baby who loves her pacifier! Tae never took hers (I mean never!), so we worked with Hensley more. Now, she's not like other babies I've seen that have that thing in their mouth ALL the time. She mostly takes it in the car and when she is going to sleep. The only paci that she will take is this one. She has even gotten to where she will hold on to it (although this is not always good because she will jerk it out of her mouth right as she is drifting off).

Highlight: Oh my goodness she is developing so much. This month has brought on the social smile, the giggle, and the nervousness around strangers! We were at the gas station today and a lady stopped us and commented on how cute Hensley was. She reached out to touch her thigh and Hensley started crying. Taelyn did this same thing, but I didn't think it was this early. Poor girl!

Taelyn: Be still my beating heart....seeing my two girls interact with each other is one of the most amazing things I could ever imagine. Hensley just adores her sweet big sister. No matter where Taelyn is in the room, Hensley will find her. She will just stare at her and smile, coo, and giggle. Taelyn has also become very protective and helpful with Hensley. She wants to help wipe her butt, put the diapers in the pail, and help put her paci in her mouth. If Hensley starts crying, Taelyn always says, "Don't worry mommy, the babysitter has her" (meaning herself).

Blessing: I do have to brag on my handsome husband for a minute : ) I am so blessed to have him in my life and for him to be the daddy to my little girls. He is such a good man and is helpful in so many ways. He works a full time job (sometimes 50-60 hours a week), but he still makes me coffee every morning (and brings it to me in bed!), does the dishes, cleans the bathrooms, not to mention taking care of the girls. He fully supports me breastfeeding and is getting to be a champ at the cloth diaper changes. Even though I can be a little crazy with my "crunchiness", he always has my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment