Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bumpdate- 6 weeks

Weight Gain/Loss: -2 lbs

Baby Size: A pea (.25 in)
Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

Symptoms: TIRED! Some days I wish I could sleep all day, but with a 3 year old, that is not possible. I feel I am hungrier more often, but cannot eat much at each sitting. If I get too hungry I feel a little nauseous. My breasts have been really sore, but I remember this from my first pregnancy. One thing that is different (at least this early) is that I'm getting the "growing pains" down in my uterus area. This happens mostly if I get up too quickly!

Gender: We have about 14 more weeks to go until we find out, but everyone at my work is saying it will be a boy. We will be thrilled with a boy or a girl!

Maternity Clothes: I'm hoping I can wear my normal clothes for awhile. I didn't wear maternity clothes with my first until I was 7 months along! I do hear you show quicker with your second though.

Movement: Not yet, but I can't wait until I feel this little one move!

Cravings: Not really craving anything yet. I've been drinking lots of water and trying to have small snacks throughout the day.

Sleep: I've been sleeping great! Usually I am asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I'm not waking up at night to use the bathroom yet, but I do occasionally wake up feeling a little hungry.

Best Moment This Week: Telling everyone that we are expecting!

Taelyn: She seems to be pretty excited, but I'm sure she is still not aware of all the changes to come. We have talked about the baby in my tummy and that the baby will come out when it is summer time. In referencing the baby the other day, she said "Mommy, it's taking a long time!" Haha... She is also determined that she is going to name the baby "Andra". When I asked her if it was for a boy or girl she said "both!".

1 comment:

  1. Cam told me yesterday that he wanted to come over and see the baby!

    ReplyDelete