Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas 2015

We had such a wonderful Christmas. I always get a little sad when it's over. I actually think I like the build up to Christmas, more than the actual day! This is the girls Christmas Eve box and last advent book. I always make sure to save a story about Jesus to be our last book. We are celebrating Him after all!

 Inside the box was new Frozen pajamas, popcorn, and hot chocolate. They were pretty excited about the pajamas.
 After their bath, we enjoyed popcorn, hot chocolate and watched the movie Polar Express.
 We then made sure to leave out treats for Santa and his reindeer and the girls scurried off to bed.
 Santa came! I actually had to wake both girls up in the morning! They were excited when they finally remembered that it was Christmas!
 They rummaged through their stockings and opened presents from mom and dad. We then opened the gifts my sister had sent from Germany.
 They were excited to get a whole collection of bath goodies.
 Taelyn got a fun around the world game. 
 Hensley got a neat fishing game that is my nephew's favorite thing to play in his German preschool. It is a lot of fun!
 I got this neat carry all basket. It's super heavy duty and collapses for easy storage.
 She sent Aaron a while bunch of organic German goodies. We've been enjoying going tasting all the treats. She also sent him a gift card.
 After we were finished opening presents, we headed to my parents house. We skyped with my sister and then had a full English breakfast that was very yummy.
 My two other sisters came and we had a yummy dinner with ham and all the fixings. After dinner it was time to open more presents. 
 A few months ago we misplaced/lost/got stolen our kindle and they girls have been quite sad about it. Tae was excited that Gramma and Papa got her a kindle for Christmas!
 Hensley with her Diego movie.
 She also got a cool balance bike! We can't wait to try it out more when it warms up a bit.
 Good job daddy!
 My chef sister Lyn and her wife gave us some homemade goodies. The jar on the right is a mulled vodka drink, yum!
 My sister Les and her family gave us a Redbox giftcard along with this popcorn kit. The seasonings are all homemade and are delicious!
 The day after Christmas, Aaron's family came over to celebrate. I made homemade cinnamon rolls and egg cups for brunch. We had a great time.
 I scored a mess of good deals at Target's after Christmas clearance sale. Target is my favorite store ever!
 Taelyn also lost another tooth after Christmas! This was tooth number 6!
 We had our first "snow", although it ended up being mostly ice. The girls still insisted on going out and playing  in it.
 Tae got this tent for Christmas. We added pillows and blankets and the girls love going up there and reading and playing in it.
We spent the rest of Christmas weekend putting up all the Christmas decorations and cleaning/organizing all the Christmas goodies. We had such a great time with family and we know we are very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment