Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A camping we will go....

My mom had been trying to plan a family camping trip since the spring and we were finally able to nail down a weekend to go. We packed up all our gear on Friday night and headed out to Stroud lake to meet my parents, and my two sisters and their families.
 We got there pretty late (after 8pm) and with the help of my dad and brother in law were able to set up our tent and arrange our campsite. We gathered around the camp fire while the kiddos played a bit and then headed off to bed.
 I woke up fairly early the next morning and was surprised to see the fog rolling off the lake. It was so pretty.

 This was our campsite. We had 5 tents all together. Tae slept in a tent with her cousins Bella and Jack.
 Look at these three sleeping! They started off all in a line and ended up off their mats and all silly. The three of them slept all through the night both nights.
 The view from our tent. Breathtaking.
 I caught this sweet moment with Aaron and Hensley. Awe! Hensley had no problem sleeping and slept through the night both nights as well!
 We all contributed to breakfast and we had gluten free pancakes, thick cut bacon, sausage, and local scrambled eggs. The kiddos had fun sitting and chatting together.
 After breakfast, the kids were excited for Papa to show them how to fish. I think they thought it would be a little more exciting than it was, but they all still had fun. There were a few tense moments of worrying over someone getting hooked and my sister's puppy got caught up in a line too.
 They didn't end up catching any fish, but they sure looked cute trying.

 After fishing, we headed the short bit to the beach and the kids swam for a few hours. 
 After that, we headed back for a picnic lunch and decided to load Hensley up to run and get ice while the kids swam some more. Hensley fell asleep in the car on the way to get ice, so we decided to take a little scenic tour of the area.
I found all these beautiful wildflowers and brought them back to our campsite.
 While we were gone, a camping neighbor brought over some books for our kids. I thought that was super sweet.
 Here was our kitchen set up. For dinner my mom made hamburgers and we grilled hot dogs on the campfire. 

 My sister Lyn and her wife brought a HUGE local watermelon that everyone enjoyed.
 I got a little sunburned! 
 After dinner, we celebrated my little sisters birthday and then had smores.
 The kids went to bed quickly (they swam over 5 hours that day), so we stayed up late playing Cards Against Humanity and laughing until our sides hurt. We slept in a little later the next morning, ate a quick breakfast and packed up our stuff. We drove out to Tulsa to have lunch and a quick swim at my sisters house.
Tae got a little sunburned too! After our visit, we headed back home. It was such a fun filled weekend and I hope we can keep up this family tradition. I just love seeing the cousins be so close and spend so much time together. These are the memories they will cherish forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment