Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Food, zoo trip, and fun times!


Above is the makings of delicious taco soup. It is more like a chili despite the name. I like it better with ground beef, but you can make it with shredded chicken or leave out the meat all together and make it vegetarian. I put all this into a crock pot and it is done in just a few hours. I drain everything but the canned diced tomatoes and I only put in about a cup of the broth. We eat it with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. Yum!
Taelyn has TONS of Legos. Aaron has a lot of fun helping her put together her sets and it is great daddy/daughter time. Our cat Kona loves to sit right in the middle and be a pain as you can see.
It seems like it has been FOREVER since we had warm weather, but this was a week or so before Christmas. I took the girls to the zoo during the day and we had a lot of fun. We were about the only people there and we went right when they were feeding a lot of the animals. It's going to be in the 60's next week, so we are going to go again soon!

Big girl! She is such a good helper and big sister. 
The mama elephant was pregnant here with her second baby. She has since given birth to a little baby girl. We can't wait to see the new baby elephant!


Hensley is quite the daredevil. She likes to run, jump, climb, and just be silly. I think she probably hurts herself at least a dozen times a day!
Above is another Frontier order of mine. That Equal Exchange coffee is amazing! I love that there is a cheaper, easier way for me to get all my favorite natural and organic products.
I made these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for our annual Cookie Exchange the weekend before Christmas. I used Enjoy Life chocolate chunks. They are by far the best chocolate chips ever!
Oven roasted chickpeas are a great snack. They taste kind of like corn nuts, but are way healthier :)
Look at this beauty! She is growing up so quickly. 
The girls loved walking to get the mail everyday and stomping in the leaves. Silly girls!
Above is Salisbury steak, roasted butternut squash, and mixed vegetables. I use Simply Organic brown gravy mix and it is yummy. I really love cooking and I love being able to provide healthy meals for my family. It's great to be able to have more time to come up with dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment