Monday, December 8, 2014

Family Time is THE Best Time!

Here are the rest of our Halloween pictures. I think our pumpkins turned out great! Taelyn was a My Little Pony and Hensley was a cupcake. I was a little worried that she would not tolerate her costume because she hates wearing clothes, but it ended up being pretty chilly that night so she didn't seem to mind. After an hour or so of trick or treating we called it quits. We let Tae pick out a few pieces of candy to keep and the rest we set on the door step for the Switch Witch to come. We like doing this so they can still enjoy the fun of Halloween without having all the candy. I think we may have spent about $10 on her switch witch things.





Our homeschool co-op had a fall festival and it was a lot of fun. It was set up carnival style and we got to go around and play all sorts of games. Hensley had a blast and was excited to finally be involved in the festivities.




Tae had a super great 6th birthday. This year she decided to have it at Gattitown which is a fun place to eat, play games, golf, and go cart. Tae knew all her cousins loved this place and their party packages were a great price. Everyone got to enjoy their buffet and we got a little private party room. They did a great job of keeping the kids entertained by playing different games. They also made all the balloon things for the kiddos which I thought was a nice touch. My mom made Tae's requested rainbow cake and she was excited about that. Each kid (and some adults) got a $25 game card so we had a few hours of fun after cake and presents. Tae (as well as the rest of us) is super blessed by all the family that love her and showed up to celebrate her day!

Tae received a sewing kit as one of her presents. This was a puppy that she (well I helped) sewed. I thought it turned out super cute!
I can't believe this girl is 6 years old! It only seems like yesterday that she was born! She recently lost her first two teeth and was super excited about that. We are doing kindergarten this year and she is learning letter sounds, math (addition and subtraction), and we are also using Five in a Row as our curriculum. So far it has been great and I can tell she is learning a lot!

Sisters being silly. I am so excited that they seem to have gotten really close. They love playing together and they are usually really sweet to each other. 

 We bought gingerbread houses while we were at Ikea a few months ago. Poor Hensley dropped her package on the floor and it ended up breaking into a million pieces. So, we ended up with one gingerbread house to make. I think it turned out pretty cute.
 I love, love this time of the year. It really gets me in the Christmas spirit seeing all the lights, our Christmas tree up, and all the traditions that we do.
 We took the girls down to the Myriad Gardens for the free holiday weekends. It's free and you can go through their botanical gardens. They also have pop up shops and ice skating. We had a fun day!



 They had a lot of fun decorating the Christmas cookies. Hensley would have much rather just eat the candy though!

 They also had carousel rides for $1. Tae decided she wanted to sit on the bench, but Hensley loved riding the horse with daddy.
I resigned from my position about a week before Thanksgiving. Aaron started his new job at about the same time. We have been adjusting to this new way of life. I love being at home with the girls. I feel a lot let stressed and more capable of doing things around the house. We are still working out our routine, but I think the girls enjoy having me home as well. Aaron is liking his new job. I hate calling it a job, because it is actually a career. This is probably something that he will do until he retires. I am so thankful that he got the opportunity to have this job. God has blessed us!
 
We are looking forward to the rest of this month and celebrating Christmas and the birth of Jesus. It's so great that Aaron gets evenings and weekends off now. I feel we get to do so much more together. He will also get of Christmas and the day after which means a four day weekend for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment