Friday, May 1, 2015

Wrapping up April

 Tae had her last homeschool co-op for the semester and they finished it off with an egg drop. Aaron and Tae worked hard on this contraption and it held up and the egg didn't crack. 
 After the egg drop, they had fun running in the fields and playing with the kiddos. It will be a long summer without our weekly co-op, but we have a lot of fun things planned for the summer!
 My little sister and her girlfriend got married earlier this month and they had a wedding reception to celebrate. I know there are some unfortunate people (some in my immediate family) that still have a lot of negative thoughts and hatred about homosexuals. Some of these people being said Christians. This hurts my heart so much. Christianity has such a bad rap of being an unnaccepting religion. This boggles my mind because we are the religion who believes that Jesus died for our sins and Jesus was the ultimate lover. He accepted people despite their sins. The Bible says to love (and live) like Jesus, but sadly, too many Christians think they should live like God (the ultimate Judge). I will sum up my thoughts with this: We are put here on this Earth to love, be loved, and show love. I believe that everyone deserves to be loved and who are we to say who it is? I know what my Bible says, but I also know that God is the one AND only judge. I am happy that my little sister is happy. That is the important thing.
 They had polaroids of everyone done and put into a little book with notes from each guest.

 My mom catered the wedding with the help of Madison's family. Everything turned out so pretty and yummy.
 The kids enjoyed playing outside in the gardens. I got some good shots of them.
This may be one of the last picture of the cousins together. Little Mavy (on the right) is moving to Germany in about two weeks. This little boy is so sweet and I'm so glad I've had the chance to watch him grow these past few years. 


 Sisters! Wearing their matching dresses from H&M!

 Lyn and Madi tearing it up on the dance floor. The kids had fun dancing too.
 A toast. We wish them much happiness.

 Cute little wedding favors with Italian wedding cookies (organic and gluten free). They were delicious!
 We took a trip to the state capitol to see some PBS Kids characters. It was super duper crowded and we didn't get to see much, but I think they still had fun. Hensley loves Daniel Tiger and she kept waving to him.

 I'm sad to say that this was my first time at the capitol. It was really pretty inside. The girls had a lot of fun playing around for a bit and visiting a friend that works there.


Oklahoma, you are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment